TITLE: Director of Adult Training Programs
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations and Program Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Adult Training Program instructors, students
and support staff (shared).
The Director of Adult Training Programs will develop, administer and implement all adult training programs offered at NewBridge. The Director will manage the day-to-day activities of the year-round training program, including the recruitment of students, development of curricula, coordination of academic refresher courses, hiring and management of instructors, evaluation of programs and accreditation of training programs. The Director will be a visible member of the Greater Cleveland community and will also work to promote NewBridge and its programs among adult learners as well as among potential partner organizations.
- Student Recruitment and Registration
- Develop and implement adult student recruitment strategy, including presentations to students, collaboration with community-based and government organizations, open houses and the creation of informational materials for distribution;
- Oversee and manage application, testing and background check process for all adult student applicants, and ensure that students selected for NewBridge programs meet compliance criteria for training programs and externship;
- Interview applicants, conduct program orientations and oversee enrollment process and decisions;
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Oversee, manage and coordinate adult Academic Refresher instruction.
- Work with instructional staff to set instructional goals, develop curricular units, assess student progress and use data to inform course content, learning strategies and appropriate academic interventions.
- Oversee coordination and evaluation of student externships; ensure suitability of clinical sites for externship activities; and maintain relationships with externship partners.
- Work with Student and Partner Services to assist students in securing employment
- Develop robust evaluation framework to assess effectiveness of adult training programs and the methods and materials used in the programs
- Assist in the selection of instructional materials and equipment for the programs.
- Administration and Strategic Development
- Work closely with Advisory Groups to ensure programs are compliant with regulations, meet employers’ needs and respond to emerging trends in the field.
- Work with NewBridge leadership to strategically plan for new programs in response to emerging job demands
- Assist in the development of administrative guidelines and policies for Adult Training Programs
- Prepare all required reports and maintain all academic records
- Assist in grant and report writing and resource development
- Supervise instructors and other assigned personnel; conduct performance reviews and make employment recommendations for appropriate employment action
- Remain current on local, State and federal post-secondary education regulations and advise NewBridge leadership of new developments and policy changes;
- Bring training programs into compliance with accreditation standards and oversee accreditation process for new adult training programs;
- Ensure functionality and safety of adult training program facilities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred. Must have at least five years experience in strategic program development and management, program evaluation, adult education, and/or workforce development, preferably in an administrative or leadership role.
- Substantial administrative and leadership experience, and a demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data for program improvement. Must have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design evaluation tools and to read and interpret data to improve quality and outcomes of adult programming.
- Knowledge of current trends in career education programs, as well as federal and State rules policies and laws related to career education programs.
- Ability to motivate and facilitate the learning of others, including faculty, staff and students.
- Must be highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, use of email and the internet.
- Demonstrated effective writing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Creative, flexible, and highly motivated personality capable of handling and prioritizing multiple, time-sensitive tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of relating well to people of varied backgrounds and education levels
- Knowledge of health-related fields strongly preferred.
NewBridge Cleveland Center for Arts & Technology is an innovative organization providing youth arts education and market-driven, adult career training that will reshape the business of social change in Northeast Ohio. The goal is to change lives by inspiring minds and launching careers.
NewBridge provides job training programs designed to give unemployed and underemployed adults the skills needed to secure meaningful, living wage jobs in health sciences and other professions, and provide complementary academic support and refresher courses to give students the skills they need to succeed in training. Career preparation will be linked with corporate partners who assist in the design of the training and aid in the successful employment of adult students upon program completion.
NewBridge also offers a year-round, rigorous after-school program for local high school students in ceramics, sculpture, photography and digital arts (audio, video, film, and web design) designed to keep kids in school, thus significantly improving graduation rates.
NewBridge is modeled after Pittsburgh’s successful Manchester Bidwell Corporation – an internationally recognized arts and education center founded by the renowned innovator and MacArthur Fellow, Bill Strickland. NewBridge is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation and is an affiliate of Manchester Bidwell’s National Center for Arts & Technology, benefiting from this established organization’s experience, expertise, and resources. NewBridge expects to meet or exceed Manchester Bidwell’s nearly 85% employment rate and 90% graduation rate of participating high school students.